Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fire and Wool: A Story







So I know I promised my first post was going to be about fondant but I have a small little story from this past weekend. It seemed too funny not to share. And so much like myself.



This weekend was beautiful with blue skies and fall leaves. My friends and I had a little fall party. It was fun lots of food, alcohol and laughs. We finally built up this little bonfire, thanks to the hosts of our little party. The most that I really did was collect sticks and barks to burn because lets be real here for a minute there is no way this city girl could ever get a fire going solo. At least not without a lot more practice. Isn’t that what Dads are for? Even in my backyard barbeque pit I’ve never managed to maintain any kind of fire from either wood or coal. Thank god for Firestarter packs! And little sisters who can manage to BBQ. I’ll stick with mad baking skills and indoor cooking.



We had a beautiful fire going and slowly more friends showed up after the sun went down. It was 35 degrees out so needless to say we were freezing! I had my bright red wool coat on (it has the most adorable hood! A clearance item from Forever 21 a couple years old.) and my huge Berkshire blanket (these are amazing btw go by your local Bed Bath and Beyond because they are incredibly warm). I had cocooned myself in both the coat and blanket and believe me I was still cold. 35 degrees is no joke!



We sat around drinking a concoction that tasted like butter beer, also thanks to the mad skills of my host. We all discussed our lives joking at the craziness of it. You know the usual: new apartment, school, future vacations and babies. Somehow this is the weird point my life is at. Some people are having babies and settling into these long term relationships and others are still at my level, which would be the having fun day by day and wondering what the hell we are going to do with the rest of our life. I’ll catch up eventually or you know be single forever. No pressure or anything!



While talking embers were flying all around us in your typical bonfire fashion. Suddenly my drinking making master of a host starts freaking out yelling, “Katie oh my god you are on fire!!!” He runs over and starts beating on my lower left leg where some small embers were making friends with my Berkshire blanket.



So I get up and we keep beating it all around! Laughing so hard. I mean only I would catch on fire from a basic fire. Please see said example of fire size below. Really sometimes these are the things that only happen to me. I’ve never heard of anyone catching fire at a party. Maybe a kitchen catching on fire but surely not a person.



Now we simple remember the night by saying . . . remember that time Katie caught on fire. . . sometimes I wonder about myself.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment